Tuesday 9 July 2013

Caribbean Food From Tooting Market








Everyone always talk about the big markets in London, however plenty of small markets that can be gems whether its food clothes there is market for it. What's great about Tooting Market is having variety of cultures under one roof from Portuguese to Caribbean which I be discussing in this blog post.

I love me some Caribbean food I am bias as that's part of my background. Walking through the market and my greedy eyes was like yes I need me some nibbles from this place, unfortunely didn't write down the name of the Caribbean take out as I was just focused on the food, and having banter with the worker, however it's easy to find once you step into Tooting Market, so lets just pretend for sec I'm not bad blogger. The service was great, attentive which for me is bonus of course not to the point where its over the top or invasive. The food, right again bad blogger slap on the hand, I scoffed down my food without taking pics sorry. However still can tell you how it tasted, our order dumplings, carrot&ginger juice- oh that had kick to it, when that ginger hit you oh my, chicken pattie- the patties wasn't crumbly as sometimes the pastry falls apart when you buy patties from Caribbean bakeries/restaurants/takeaways , chocolate & coconut cake with rum in it- only had bite of that as I'm not big fan of coconut, but still could appreciate the taste, salmon & banana plantain- simply delicious, you would assume that combo doesn't work but seriously fits well, worth having a try and going just for that, just typing about it is making me want it, mmm (daydream). . I felt satisfied with my food and would definitely go back.

Finally grew some balls not literally of course posted whole profile of myself (pic above) so I'm no model but who cares, not going to photoshop myself to look perfect nah bullocks to that. Putting that aside, are you someone that visits you're local markets or other little markets? let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment