Monday 2 June 2014

A Mississippi Biker's Pecan Pudding

We interrupt your scheduled blogging to bring you this special announcement: Loopysos' blog has been hijacked by Lucy's boyfriend to show you the product of perseverance and a promise.


I made the decision to cheer Loopy up with something very close to her heart; pudding. After seeing the Hairy Bikers Mississippi Adventure I decided the best place to start was with one of my personal favourite desserts, the humble bread and butter pudding. After looking at the recipe (the only change I made was to use brioche instead of a baguette) the twist the Hairy Bikers put on a traditional dessert seemed delicious and simple to make.

After preparation it kind of looks like it's made with Fairy Liquid but trust me it smells delicious.
Word of warning: beating the eggs in a bowl with the sugar is a lot harder and tiring without the use of an electric whisk... I found that out first hand.

Once cooked the first slice releases the wonderful scent of caramel and bourbon.
I'd never in my life made butterscotch sauce before so this was truly a trip into the unknown, between the fear of wrecking a saucepan and possible third degree burns the perseverance paid off, the mixture of pecan bread pudding and the butterscotch sauce really works and I'd recommend the recipe to anyone wanting to try something relatively simple where the results speak for themselves.

Obligatory Loopy Hello Kitty tray with pecan pudding
And it's with this that I will love you and leave you, hope you enjoyed my first hijacking attempt, hope to speak to you soon.

1 comment: